elvis4everfansite
elvis4everfansite
elvis4everfansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PLACE FOR ELVIS FANS AND ETA TO HANG OUT

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» HAPPY B IRTHDAY THREAD
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm by Admin

» djval elvis live radio shows ..
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 pm by Guest

» ELVIS - DURING THE ERAS -
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Guest

» ELVIS SONGS GALORE
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 pm by Guest

» DJ VAL ELVIS SONGS GALORE
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:31 pm by Guest

» djvalelvis @ DISCOVERY RADIO
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:29 pm by Guest

» A LOOK AT '1266 DOLAN DRIVE'
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:18 pm by Guest

» ''The Musical Influences of Elvis Presley''
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 pm by Guest

» elvis night the place to hang out
Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:35 pm by Admin

tiny chat elvis
video chat provided by Tinychat

Aloha, Elvis! March 25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  Empty
PostSubject: Aloha, Elvis! March 25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii    Aloha, Elvis! March  25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 pm

A Short Biopic Of The Hawaiian Concert On
March 25th 1961 - At Bloch Arena - Honolulu -
In Hawaii -
The excitement began with an afternoon press conference and award ceremony, followed by the show that evening.
Opening Acts
Phil Ingall Orchestra
Sterling Mossman (local comedian)
Floyd Cramer
Boots Randolph
The Jordanaires
Minnie Pearl
Set List
Introduction by Rear Admiral Robert L. Campbell (14th Naval District commander)
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
A Fool Such As I
I Got A Woman
Love Me
Introduction of musicians, singers
Such A Night
Reconsider Baby
I Need Your Love Tonight
That's All Right
Don't Be Cruel
One Night
Are You Lonesome To-night?
It's Now Or Never
Swing Down Sweet Chariot
Hound Dog
Musicians (AKA "The Unwashables")
Elvis Presley - vocals, guitar
Scotty Moore - guitar
Hank Garland - guitar
Bob Moore - stand-up bass
D. J. Fontana - drums
Floyd Cramer - piano
Boots Randolph - saxophone
Jordanaires - backing vocals
Elvis wore his gold lame jacket (for the last time) and dark blue dress pants.
His fifteen-song set was an exquisite overview of his seven-year career to date, including his first single for Sun ("That's All Right"), his first single for RCA ("Heartbreak Hotel"), two back-to-back tracks from Elvis Is Back! ("Such A Night," "Reconsider Baby"), a song from His Hand In Mine, his superb gospel album released just a few months earlier ("Swing Down Sweet Chariot") and a bunch of chart-topping singles.

Every performance is filled with joy, humour and energy, and the band plays with great skill throughout.

Elvis would never again present such a vital, commercially-successful show, or confront a crowd as wild as any from the 1950s.

The show raised nearly $65,000 for the USS Arizona Memorial building fund, one of the biggest single private donations to the cause.
For those who couldn't be there, the first chance to hear this landmark event came 17 years later, around Christmas time 1978:
Elvis' 1961 Hawaii Benefit Concert
was made avaialble to collectors on a collectable LP Record on Vinyl of this event .
The collectors album was a deluxe affair, with fold-out cover, 16 page booklet, custom labels and inner sleeve.
It was an amazing package, then and now.
RCA released a slightly longer, but less ornate, official version of the recording in 1980, as part of a massive box set:Elvis Aron Presley (RCA, 1980)
Aka- Silver Box Set - Comprising Of 8 LPS .
In 2011, both LP and CD versions are long out of print and are highly collectable -
I Own both versions on Lps and Cd In my collection
- Happy Hunting -

Back to top Go down

Aloha, Elvis! March 25th 1961 -Bloch Arena - Honolulu -Hawaii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elvis4everfansite :: ADD YOUR OWN FAVORITE ELVIS SONGS :: members elvis chat forum-
Jump to: